Glamdring

Progress: 56/453 pages
The Tiger Prince
Iris Johansen

City of Dark Magic: A Novel

City of Dark Magic (City of Dark Magic #1) - Magnus Flyte 1,5 starsWhat is it with authors/publishers and wrong labelling of books? This book is a fiction with suspense and historical elements. Contrary to what the title might let you think, there is no magic and despite what is said in the blurb "City of Dark Magic could be called a rom-co paranormal suspense novel—or it could simply be called one of the most entertaining novels of the year." this is NOT a paranormal novel. Same goes for the romance part.Saying that a city is a threshold is in no way sufficient to make a book a paranormal one. Needless to say that the book failed to entertain me. I did not like the author's style, there is a lot of lengths and sadly, I couldn't feel concerned for the characters. IMO the fact that we know the bad "guy" (who was such a caricature) from the beginning deprived us of a suspense that would have been welcome in the first part. Also, this book has some of the worst sex scenes I’ve ever read.The only things I liked in this book are the historical references (especially those to Beethoven and Tycho Brahe).